Monday, February 4, 2008

We've moved!! (just kidding)






Tony and I just had our living room painted, and I want to share the pictures with you. There's such a difference! For almost 24 years we've loved and lived with our lovely oak picture frame paneling, but it was always so dark in the living room. The past 10+ years, we've considered having the paneling painted, but it was such a big step. More and more of our neighbors were doing it, and we finally decided to take the plunge. Here are three "before" pictures for comparison.



Now, here are the "after" pictures. Big difference, right? We love it! It feels like a whole new house. Amazing what a little paint and prep can do for a room. The pictures don't really show how pretty it is.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, I actually like it both ways. It is fun to occassionally change this around.

Anonymous said...

oops! what I meant to say was that it is fun to occassionally change "things" around. IE. paint, wallpaper, get new furniture and such. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a difference. I like how it came out.

I've been considering that for our house, it's ALL paneling from the 50's and is so small and dark. I think you've given me the courage to give it a try!