Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baa the way........

My friend, Fran, has a small farm on a street not far from our house where I walk Millie every day. She has pet sheep who love bread, so I make special trips to the Mrs. Baird's bread store in Lewisville to buy big bags of expired and/or crushed bread to feed them. They are so sweet and tame, and they eat the bread right out of my hand. The original six, shown in the picture with Zoey from December, are named Ramago, Chocolate, Half n Half, Ewenice, Ewehaul, and Ewenique. All the females have "ewe" in their names--so cute! This week, Fran got 3 more of the "black bottom" variety, a mother and 2 babies: Sheba, Mark, and Rachel. They're still a little shy, but I'm plying them with bread, so it probably won't take them long to join the hungry throng at the fence. Some of the older ones have become so bold as to jump up on the fence if the bread isn't coming quickly enough. I know, I really need to get a life. Zoey loves them, and every time she stays with us, we make a trip to see the sheep, cows, horses, chickens, and turkey that reside on this particular street. It's country in the city, and we're very glad to live so close to this peaceful agrarian oasis.

No comments: