Sunday, June 13, 2010

Leo's Nom Nom song



So Tony and I babysat Leo last night while Josh and Erika went to a wedding. He was tons of fun, as always. Lately when we've watched him at his house, I've taken to bringing along my laptop, since Leo loves to look at family photos and videos, and if all else fails to keep him happy, I can always resort to showing him endless streams of our family in 2 dimensions. One day not too long ago, I happened upon a very cute video called Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom, and I thought he'd enjoy it. I played it for him a few hundred times, as after the first viewing Leo kept saying "more" and making the baby sign language sign for more. It's a cute, catchy tune, and he loves the little animals.

Okay, fast forward to last night. Tony and I arrived at Leo's house, and while receiving the evening's instructions from his parents, I started taking my laptop out of its case to set up on the dining room table. Leo made a beeline for it and started insistently repeating "Mas, mas, mas!!" Erika and I looked at each other with bewilderment, since we had no clue what he wanted. We finally gave up and continued our conversation. Leo shrugged and went to play with his Papa.

After supper, Leo again went to the laptop and again pointed and very firmly repeated "Mas, mas, mas!!" I sat him down and showed him pictures and videos, still not comprehending, and he patiently waited and watched, every so often punctuating the viewing with a soft "Mas". I was thinking how brilliant my little grandson was, already knowing the Spanish word for "more" at a mere 21 months. After all, we do live in Texas. But something kept gnawing at my brain, and I knew he wasn't really asking for more. Suddenly, the light bulb came on. "Mas" was "mouse"! Leo wanted me to play the Nom Nom video for him! Once I got it going, he was happy as could be, and our frustration ended. Another bullet dodged. Happy Grammy and Leo watched Nom Nom a few hundred times, until it was time for bed. Now I know what to expect the next time, at least for this particular scenario. He's really talking very well. I'm just not listening.

Hope you enjoy the video!

2 comments:

Boozy Tooth said...

"Mas!" Of course!

I love it! And I love the Nom Nom Song.

How fun. But now I'm hungry for some reason!

Jodie said...

So cute !!!! I love it. Now he needs a pet mouse.