Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Half Moon Cookies!!

As promised, here are the recipes for Elk's Black and White Cookies.  So many have requested the recipes, and the publisher has run out of cookbooks due to a surge in popularity.  I'm trying to coax the author to initiate another printing so everyone who wants a book can have one.  It's a very cool book of not only recipes but also history of Elk's Bakery from its inception.

If you click on each recipe, it will enlarge to full screen so you can read the print a little more easily.  The addition of baking powder to the cookie recipe was made by the author; the notation about the cookies needing more flour because they turned out too flat (hey, it was humid!!) is mine.  I used the basic buttercream recipe, but if I ever make them again (and oh, I will!), I might try the fluffy buttercream just to see which I like better.  Happy baking!!!


1 comment:

craftyles said...

Mona, I had to come over and tell you how adorable Leo is. I guess you knew that. Anyway I was glad I was there today so I could meet him. You are a glowing Grandma! Cookies look good too! Have a great weekend.
Leslie