Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Adieu, Big Blue!


On April 30, 2008, Tony became an IBM retiree after 34 1/2 years with the company. It was a bittersweet farewell. He wasn't really ready to retire, but he felt led in that direction. He's still in the "I'm on vacation" phase of his first week of retirement, and so far he hasn't bugged me too much :) . Seriously, he's been helping me with chores and honey-do's around the house. I'm nowhere near ready to quit working, and it's nice having him home with me, knowing he's just in the next room, playing with Millie. Our kids recently gave us a nice barbecue at Erika's and Josh's in celebration of Tony's retirement, my birthday, Mother's Day, and Father's Day. We had to combine the events because Jenni, Dave, and Zoey will be leaving for Kanakuk in a couple of weeks, and we were running out of time. Here are some pictures from the party--the rest of the pictures are on Flickr.

No comments: